The students of the University Scholarship Program of the Juan Bautista Gutiérrez Foundation (FJBG) have demonstrated great performance in their professions. These talented youths have been selected for their academic capacity and potential to succeed in their careers.
Through the program, they have received financial and academic support to continue their university studies and have been guided in their personal and professional development. Over time, they have proven to be leaders in their fields. Each year that new scholarships awards are given, the students of the program continue to set the example of how support and opportunity can help young people achieve their goals.
FJBG has worked for more than 20 years to help in Guatemalan youths’ development. Under the leadership of Juan José Gutiérrez Mayorga, President of the Foundation, Felipe Antonio Bosch Gutiérrez, its Vice President, and thanks to the legacy of Mrs. Isabel Gutiérrez de Bosch, more and more beneficiaries receive the “Beca Isabel Gutiérrez de Bosch” each year.
Of them, many have stood out in their studies, in different manners: through their above average grades, their participation in special projects or through their participation in talks about their own experiences.
These are some success stories:
- Anna Paula de León Pérez. Second-year student of Engineering in Administration Sciences at Universidad del Valle de Guatemala, UVG. She joins the General Association of Innova 2022 at UVG.
- Evelin Raquel Reyes Lém and Karen Andrea Reyes Lém. First year students at UVG Altiplano. In September 2022 they participated in the five-kilometer category of the UVG race. This activity is part of the actions of the StudentXStudent campaign, whose objective is to raise funds and award future scholarships.
- Emanuel Carlos Aurelio Morales de Paz. First-year student of the Bachelor Architecture Degree at Rafael Landívar University. He obtained the Academic Excellence recognition from the School of Architecture, for the highest average of the 2022 class.
- Karen Andrea Ruano Herrera. Second-year student of the Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering at Rafael Landívar University, Zacapa campus. She received recognition for accomplishing an average of 90.80 during the 2022 cycle.
- Mildred Paola Córdova Buster. Second-year student of Industrial Engineering at the Rafael Landívar University, Zacapa Campus. She received recognition for Academic Excellence during the first part of 2022.
- Jean Marco Portillo. First-year student of the Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, at UVG South Campus. He was invited to give a talk to Intecap Mechatronics Expert students. This consisted of presenting the different academic opportunities from which they can choose to continue preparing at a professional level.
- Lourdes Paola Mancilla Calvillo, Bryan Estuardo Ortíz Casimiro and Pablo Andrés Figueroa Gámez. All three are second-year students of the Molecular Biotechnology and Mechatronics Engineering major. They received recognition as the winning team in the Innova-ton contest of the Sustainable Partnerships for Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship project organized by USAID, MIT, UVG and Agexport.
- Marlon González, Pablo Santos and Giordanny Mazariegos. First-year students at Universidad del Valle de Guatemala. This team qualified for the quarterfinals in the university championship. For his part, Marlon González qualified for the final exam of the Calculus Integratón I.
- Daniela Eunice Calderón. Audiovisual Communication student at UNIS. In October she won an honor mention at the LAVA Audiovisual Festival, UNIS, where she participated in the short film category with the film called Tinnitus.